Take the Leap for Literacy
at the Annual
Saturday, March 7, 2020.
Register 9:00 am. LEAP at 10:00 am SHARP
Join the many other brave, warm-hearted souls who will “take the leap” for Literacy Volunteers! “Leapers” from around the area will collect donations from family members, co-workers and friends, and run, jump or dive into the icy cold waters at Walnut Beach.
- Registration fee is $30. (free t-shirt with $30 fee)
- If you’re a little timid to make the splash, show your warm heart by making a pledge of support to a braver soul who’s leaping.
- Or become a Virtual Leaper and set up a web page, Start your own fundraiser to support this organization, choose fund raise and follow the instructions.
- Thank you for fundraising for the Leprechaun Leap!
WE NEED SPECTATORS!
There’s always plenty of room for spectators so come down to the beach and cheer on the leapers! It is the fastest event ever!
Watch the competitions between local high school students and teachers, civic groups, restaurants, local businesses, canines and many more who will make the “leap” into Long Island Sound!
YES, WE HAVE AWARDS!
Best Costume, Most Enthusiastic, Group Theme, Largest Group of Leapers, Most Individual Pledges, Highest Group Pledges, First One in Water, First One Out of Water, Bravest Junior Leaper (under 12), Best Tailgate Party, Favorite Civic Organization, Best Leprechaun Costume and Favorite Literacy Leaper. The awards ceremony will take place following the event at the Bridge House in Devon.
All proceeds collected by the “leapers” will benefit Literacy Volunteers of Southern Connecticut.
The Milford Bank and Milford Kiwanis are the events sponsors.
Start fundraising for the Leprechaun Leap or support your favorite LEAPER. Set up your own page.
Pick up a pledge form/waiver at the Office at
16 Dixon Street, Milford or call 203-878-4800.
- Each Leaper needs to fill out a Brochure/Waiver Form upon arrival. (available at beach)
- Bring Brochure/Waiver form and pledge money to registration upon arrival. (pledge link is below)
- Read some handy tips below on how to prepare and make your LEAPING experience FUN!!
FLOREK & O’NEILL
Rotary Club of Devon
Rotary Club of Milford
Joyce A Milne
Jonathan Law KeyClub
Ansonia’s National Honor Society