Sunday, June 13, 2021
LITERACY VOLUNTEERS WILL HOST THE 8th Annual
“NEON RUN” AND “NEON WALK” CERTIFIED 5K FOR LITERACY ‘s rising stars
Date: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM (delayed start for participants will ensure distancing during the race.)
Place: Rotary Pavilion in Downtown Milford
Fee: $35 registration. No day of registration.
(Children under 5 are free) (FREE T-shirts for the first 250 people to register online!)
Run or walk, and catch a rising star for literacy at Literacy Volunteer’s NEON RACE
The first 250 online registered runners and walkers will be given
a neon necklace and fluorescent T-shirt
as they run, walk, and help raise funds in support of the Center’s vital literacy programs for hundreds of local adults and children in need of our educational services.
Be a rising star! Our CERTIFIED 5K challenge
will begin and end at the Rotary Pavilion in a grand finale
filled with awards for runners and walkers for
fastest/best costumes/most enthusiastic/most NEON, and many more.
Register at www.lvsct.org or call at 203-878-4800 for info.
Agency of ProLiteracy and United Way of Milford
Sponsored by The Milford Bank
Everyone who races is helping someone who needs literacy support in our community.
Thank you for helping us help those in need.
Proceeds raise funds to support the Center’s vital literacy programs which helps hundreds of local adults and children in need of its educational services.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literacy Volunteers of Southern Connecticut is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization serving the Greater Milford Area.
“Our Neon Race promises to be an exciting event.” says Tami Jackson, the Center’s Executive Director, “We hope everyone can participate and be all aglow as they safely run and walk for the great cause of literacy!”
Sponsors are still needed and opportunities are available by emailing email@example.com.
2020 BUSINESS SPONSORS:
WARICHAR FAMILY FUND
Read below for some frequently asked questions and COVID-19 compliance.
The 2021 Annual Neon Run sponsored by Literacy Volunteers of Southern Connecticut will be held in a modified format in compliance with the State of Connecticut, City of Milford and Milford Health Department Covid-19 guidelines.
How long is the run/walk? This is a CERTIFIED, 5k, 3.1 mile race.
Can I register the day of the event? Registration must be done online. There will be no walk up registration allowed.
Do I get a FREE T-shirt when I register? Yes to the first 250 online registrations. Shirts will be handed out at Literacy Volunteers, June 7, 8, 9, 10, 9:00-2:00. Stop by!
Is there pre day pick up for bib numbers? Bib numbers will be handed out at Literacy Volunteers, June 7, 8, 9, 10, 9:00-2:00. Stop by!
What is the route like? Downtown Milford Neighborhoods. Mostly flat with one hill.
What COVID-19 regulations will be in place?
- Waiting stations with markers in parking lot will keep participants 3 feet apart.
- No tables will be utilized at the event.
- Registration for event will only be available on-line prior to event.
- T-Shirts and microchip bibs will be picked up at the Literacy Center at 16 Dixon Street prior to the event between June 7th – 10th.
- No water stations will be available. Participants will be handed a water bottle upon completion.
- Use of public bathrooms at Fowler Park: Bottles of sanitizer will be placed outside each bathroom.
- Masks Required: Masks will always be worn; before the start line, immediately after finishing race and when running next to others or passing others. A runner may only take mask off when running by him/herself.
- Modifications for a Safe Start: A microchip-timed open start format will be used which has been used successfully in various races around the state. A maximum of 2 people will be staggered at the start line leaving at 10 second intervals. This means that a field of 300 runners can clear the start in ten minutes or less.
- Speedy runners (running level 6-7 min pace per mile) will be asked to start early and ready to go at 10:00 AM. This will avoid crowding on the course and help everyone to run more safely.
- Family groups will be the only ones allowed to run together.
- Race results will be posted on-line avoiding crowding of groups waiting for results on the wall.
- No awards will be distributed after event. Awards will be picked up at Literacy Center between June 14th -17th.