Saturday, July 11, 2020
LITERACY VOLUNTEERS WILL HOST THE 7th Annual
“NEON RUN” AND “NEON WALK” 5K FOR LITERACY ON JULY 11, 2020
Run or walk, on Saturday, July 11 to support literacy programs at Literacy Volunteer of Southern CT’s 7th annual VIRTUAL NEON RACE.
Join us for this NEW and UNIQUE virtual opportunity to help those who need literacy support during the public health crisis!
What is a virtual run/walk?
- While we won’t host a physical run/walk this year, we will still race together!
- You can race YOUR way, wearing NEON on a treadmill or go on a solo or small group walk/run trail.
- Go for a run, walk, or hike while keeping your distance from others. You can race for our literacy friends YOUR way.
- One day, one race, your location – Wearing NEON, connected virtually!
As a virtual runner/walker, you will:
- Commit to wearing NEON while running/walking individually or in small teams keeping an appropriate distance apart on the same day: Saturday, July 11th, 2020.
- Share training, progress, and race day times on our facebook page or email email@example.com. Share your training regimens, and race stories. (#LVSCTNeonnightrun)
- Support the online peer-to-peer fundraising platform to get your message out to your networks.
Everyone who races is helping someone who needs literacy support in our community.
Thank you for helping us help those in need.
Now that we are virtual, you can ask friends, family, and colleagues from around the country to join your team!
The VIRTUAL online registration fee is $25. All abilities are encouraged to experience the race.
T-Shirt pick ups will be Tuesday, July 7 and Wednesday, July 8 between 9-2 at
16 Dixon St. Milford. Fannie Beach Community Center.
Proceeds raise funds to support the Center’s vital literacy programs which helps hundreds of local adults and children in need of its educational services.
For more event details and to register, go to www.lvsct.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Literacy Volunteers of Southern Connecticut is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization serving the Greater Milford Area.
“Our VIRTUAL neon race promises to be an exciting event.” says Tami Jackson, the Center’s Executive Director, “We hope everyone can participate, in their own way, and be all aglow as they safely run and walk for the great cause of literacy!”
Sponsors are still needed and opportunities are available by emailing email@example.com.
2020 BUSINESS SPONSORS:
Read below for some frequently asked questions.
How long is the run/walk? This is a 5k, 3.1 mile race of your choosing.
Can I register the day of the event? YES, online!
Where can I find peer to peer fundraising page? Click here, TBD
Are there awards? YES, details TBD
How can I support the NEON RACE? Support the NEON RACE by becoming a NEON Sponsor with Various levels and great thank you opportunities are available!
I’m a sponsor, when can I set up my table? We will not be setting up tables but are advertising businesses virtually.
Do I get a FREE T-shirt when I register? T-Shirt pick ups will be Tuesday, July 7 and Wednesday, July 8 between 9-2 at 16 Dixon St. Milford. Fannie Beach Community Center.
Is there pre day pick up for bib numbers? No, this year there are no bib numbers.
What is the route like? The course is your choosing, but suggested routes will be available.