Neon Nightrun

Neon_logo

stars-hi2019 RESULTS

Save the Date Saturday, July 13, 2019.

LITERACY VOLUNTEERS WILL HOST THE 6th Annual

“NEON NIGHT RUN” AND NEW “NEON NIGHT WALKS” 
FOR LITERACY UNDER THE STARS.
NOW FEATURING A TIMED 5K RUN WITH SHORTER UNTIMED WALK OPTIONS

MILFORD, CT, July 2019 –Run or walk, on Saturday, July 13 and catch a rising star for literacy at Literacy Volunteer’s 6th annual NEON NIGHTRUN & WALK. All events start behind the Downtown Milford Public Library.  This luminescent neon night will convene at the Rotary Pavilion from 6:30 – 7:55 pm for late registration and pre-registered pickup.  8:00 PM is THE START TIME FOR ALL EVENTS.

11733463_10206736512548415_1251171642_n

Sponsors include The Milford Bank, SUBWAY, Prolete Physical Therapy, Maid Brigade, Prezant Massage, Dawn Sullivan Realtor, Knights of Columbus, Joyce Milne, Jean Cianciolo, Violet Soul, Rick’s Plumbing, Bridge House, Bon Fire Grille, Rainmaker Irrigation, LLC, Andrea Cashman Yoga, Rita’s Italian Ice, Walkie Talkie Club, Star 99, Regional Water Authority and Stonebridge Restaurant.

Sponsors are still needed and opportunities are available by calling 203-878-4800.

IMG_7182

The registration fee for all events is $35.  Children under 5 are free. The first 250 online registrants will receive a free NEON T-shirt, glow necklace, BIB and Computer Chip (only the 5k distance is timed).

ALL ABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO EXPERIENCE THE 5K RUN OR SHORTER WALK EVENTS.

Proceeds raise funds to support the Center’s vital literacy programs which helps hundreds of local adults and children in need of its educational services.

Under a canopy of stars, the computer timed 5k challenge will start and finish at the Rotary Pavilion .8 mile options are also available for the (untimed) walk options.  Awards are given to the top 5k distance runners and walkers as well as for best costumes/most enthusiastic/most NEON/highest pledges and many more. There are no awards given for the shorter, untimed walk distances.

Please pre-register at www.lvsct.org or call 203-878-4800 for additional information. There may not be shirts available for late/on-site registrations – please pre-register online by July 3 to guarantee a shirt.

A terrific after-party and NEON drink specials will follow at STONEBRIDGE RESTAURANT for participants who are 21 years and older.

“Our neon night race promises to be an exciting event.” says Tami Jackson, the Center’s Executive Director, “We hope everyone can make it — and be all aglow as they run and walk for the great cause of literacy!”

IMG_7203

# # #

For more event details and to register, go to www.lvsct.org or

https://runsignup.com/Race/CT/Milford/NeonNightrun

The event coordinator is Tami Jackson and can be contacted at 203-878-4800 or director@lvsct.org. Literacy Volunteers of Southern Connecticut is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization serving the Greater Milford Area. The race director is Marty Schaivone. He coordinates many other events in Milford including the Milford Hospital and Milford Bank 5k’s, Running Water for Africa, and the Trick or Trot.

View Map

The race begins at Fowler Pavilion, run up to library/fire/NH Ave-RIGHT.

First two loops are the same –
Out driveway, Right on New Haven Ave, Right Harborside, Left on George,  Right on Gulf,
Right on Elton and straight thru to the Park driveway.  6/10 mi
Second loop – same  approx 1.2 mi
To full 5k-(or 3 miler)-
Go over foot bridge, stay on right side, Left on factory, Right on High, Left on Green,
Right on Center, Left on Central, Left on Lafayette, Left on Pond, Right on Green, Right on High,
Right over Foot Bridge, To finish.

Register-Now-Button2019 BUSINESS SPONSORS:

FLUORESCENT SPONSOR

SPRINTER SPONSORS

JOGGER SPONSORS

Joyce Milne

WALKER SPONSORS

Jean Cianciolo

Violet Soul

Entertainment Sponsor:

After Party Sponsor:Refreshment Sponsor:

THANK YOU for the donations-

Andrea Cashman, Yoga

Shave Secret

Avalanche, Swiss Granola

Read below for some frequently asked questions.

How long is the run/walk?  The route is measured as 3 miles according to MapMyRoute.com.

Can I register the day of the event?  YES at the pavilion, not online!

Do children have to pay?  Children 5 and under are free but still need to fill out a waiver that day.

Where can I find a Pledge Form or waiver?   Click here for a copy Form.

Are there awards?  YES, The categories are Best Costume, Most Enthusiastic, Best Group Theme, Most NEON Outfit, Best Illumination Outfit, Best Time adult male, Best Time adult female, Best Time under 12 male, Best Time under 12 female, Highest Pledges Individual, Highest Pledges Group.

How can I support the NEON NIGHTRUN?  Support the NEON Night Run by becoming a NEON Sponsor with Various levels and great thank you opportunities are available!

I’m a sponsor, when can I set up my table?  Please come @ 6:00 to set up your table.

Do I get a FREE T-shirt when I register?  The first 250 online registrations will receive a FREE T Shirt.  Sizes are not reserved.  Additional T-shirts will be for sale under the pavilion that night.

Is there pre day pick up for bib numbers?  No, registration begins at 6:30.  You can pick up that night.

Is this a closed route?  No, we will be using public roads and with the help of the Milford Police Department, will hold traffic at certain locations.  Safety is our first concern and you may be held to allow cars to pass.  Our route has sidewalks for your safety.

What is the route like?

1 Mile Walk begins at the Green Arrow, Right on New Haven Ave, Right on Harborside, Left on George, Right on Gulf, Right on Elton. Walk loop again.
* Finish at Pavilion, Red square.

5K Run begins at the Green Arrow, Right on New Haven Ave, Right on Harborside, Left on George, Right on Gulf, Right on Elton. Run course again.
Pass Pavilion and take left over Foot Bridge, Left on Helwig, Right on High, Left on Green, Right on Center, Left on Central, Left on Lafayette, Left on Pond, Right on Green, Right on High, Left on Helwig, Right over Foot Bridge.
* Finish at Pavilion, Red square.