Neon Nightrun

Neon_logo

Save the Date Saturday, July 15, 2017.

LITERACY VOLUNTEERS HOLDS 4th Annual
“NEON NIGHTRUN”
IN A 5 K RUN/WALK FOR LITERACY UNDER THE STARS

stars-hiMILFORD, CT, April 2017 — Run or walk, and catch a rising star for literacy at The Literacy Volunteer’s annual NEON NIGHTRUN to be held in Downtown Milford on Saturday, July 15. This luminescent neon night will convene at the Rotary Pavilion at 6:30 – 7:45 PM for registration. 8:00 PM is GO (when the race starts). Sponsored by The Milford Bank, Subway Restaurants, Cohen and Wolf, PC’s, Attorneys at Law, The Junior Woman’s Club of Milford, Sikorsky Credit Union, Prolete Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine, Briarpatch Enterprises, David Howe, Star 99 and Stonebridge Restaurant.

11733463_10206736512548415_1251171642_nThe registration fee is $35. Children under 5 are free.  The first 250 online registrants will receive a free NEON T-shirt, glow necklace, BIB and Computer Chip Timed and goodie bag as they run, walk, and help raise funds in support of the Center’s vital literacy programs for hundreds of local adults and children in need of its educational services. Registration is also available on that day.  Additional neon items and t-shirts will be for sale.

Under a canopy of stars, the timed IMG_71823.1-mile (uncertified) challenge will begin and end at the Rotary Pavilion in a grand finale filled with awards for runners and walkers for fastest/best costumes/most enthusiastic/most NEON/Best time and many more.  Register below or call 203-878-4800 for additional information.

After-party and NEON drink specials will follow at STONEBRIDGE RESTAURANT for participants who are 21 years and older.

IMG_7203

“Our neon night race promises to be an exciting event.” says Tami Jackson, the Center’s Executive Director, “We hope everyone can make it — and be all aglow as they run and walk for the great cause of literacy!”

View Map

Register-Now-ButtonTo view race results, click here!

BUSINESS SPONSORS:

Subwaylogo

Sikorskylogo2015Prolete_LogoBriarpatch

bic-logo

Entertainment Sponsor:

After Party Sponsor:
Stonebridge Restaurant

Find us on Facebook!  Tag yourselves and share #neonnightrun!

Read below for some frequently asked questions.

How long is the run/walk?  The route is measured as a 5K according to MapMyRoute.com.

Can I register the day of the event?  YES at the pavilion, not online!

Do children have to pay?  Children 5 and under are free but still need to fill out a waiver that day.

Where can I find a Pledge Form or waiver?   Click here for a copy of the brochure.

Are there awards?  YES, The categories are Best Costume, Most Enthusiastic, Best Group Theme, Most NEON Outfit, Best Illumination Outfit, Best Time adult male, Best Time adult female, Best Time under 12 male, Best Time under 12 female, Highest Pledges Individual, Highest Pledges Group.

How can I support the NEON NIGHTRUN?  Support the NEON Night Run by becoming a NEONsponsorform Various levels and great thank you opportunities are available!

Do I get a FREE T-shirt when I register?  The first 250 online registrations will receive a FREE T Shirt.  Sizes are not reserved.  Additional T-shirts will be for sale under the pavilion that night.

I’m a sponsor, when can I set up my table?  Please come @ 5:00 to set up your table.

Is there pre day pick up for bib numbers?  No, registration is at 6:30.  You can pick up that night.

Is this a closed route?  No, we will be using public roads and with the help of the Milford Police Department, will hold traffic at certain locations.  Safety is our first concern and you may be held to allow cars to pass.  Our route has sidewalks for your safety.

What is the route like?
The race will begin on Shipyard Lane, up to New Haven Ave and take a Left at the Library.  Left on Factory Lane, follow to Helwig St.  Right on High St. Left on South Broad, Left on Center St, Right on Green, Left on Pond to Lafayette St.  Take a Right back to the green.  Right on South Broad St.  Take a Right at Gulf St.  Right on Bedford to Harborside Dr, Left at Wilcox Park and finish up through the Enchanted Forest.  The race ends on Shipyard Lane at the Rotary Pavilion.